Thursday, August 23, 2012

My experience with Rhythm of Hope at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital

I wasn't able to say much beforehand, but now I'm so pumped to share with everyone what I was able to experience today. My good buddies at CAA landed me a spot as the August artist for Lollipop Theater Network's Rhythm of Hope!

I went to Vanderbilt Children's Hospital and was able to share one of my songs with them. Then, we were all able to write a song together. It was absolutely one of the coolest things that I've ever been involved with. The kids were a part of the songwriting process, from giving our song a title to coming up with the lyrics.

I remember my two weeks in the pediatrics unit at ECM when I was eight. I really didn't get out of my room very much. I could see the look of relief on the parents' faces knowing they could let loose and watch their children laugh for the period of time that they were with us. I don't think I'll ever forget it. It breaks my heart to think that they aren't able to enjoy their childhood. I felt honored to have been a part of brightening their day.

They most certainly brightened mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment