Monday, January 16, 2012

Delta Horror Stories: The first one of 2012!

I titled this entry the first one of 2012 because I'm sure I'll end up flying Delta again. As sure as I am of that, I have a continued horrible string of experiences with Delta Airlines. They asked me to comment on my recent flight from Memphis to Nashville. Here was my response:

"I am done with Delta. The last three times I've flown with Delta have been terrible experiences. This past week, I was flying out of Nashville at 5:05 a.m. and, after a connecting flight out of Atlanta, was planning to be in St. Louis at 9:45. Those flights went decent.

The flight that night was one straight from Dante's Inferno. It was imperative that I be home that night so that I could return the camera for the St. Louis shoot and be at work. I can't stress this enough. After an hour and half technical delay, my flight arrived in Memphis at 7:30. I had the perfect view of my flight to Nashville leaving me.

I received no options other than a rude attendant at customer service printing me off receipts to stay at a hotel in Memphis. I would've rather been helped to find an alternate way to get to Nashville, but I was never given this option.

Needless to say, I paid a late fee for my camera being late (due at 10 a.m. and I didn't land in Nashville until 10 a.m.), and I missed almost 5 hours of work. I had parked in the short term $24 parking lot because I wasn't expecting to be gone more than 16-18 hours. Well, I ended up paying $40 plus dollars for parking. I'm sure Delta won't refund any of these costs to me.

Overall, I had terrible, cramped seats, a fantastic view of my plane leaving me behind and received the reverse-Burger King customer service, Delta's way. I will spread my story in hopes that other people don't have their own Delta horror stories."

No comments:

Post a Comment