Monday, August 2, 2010

Songwriting

I'm putting this down on my blog so hopefully I will be held accountable. I really want to step up my songwriting. I would love to kick out at least 3-4 a month. Maybe if I'm really inspired I'll crank out 5. We'll see.

Sometimes I have these killer ideas come in my head and if I don't write them down immediately, they'll be lost forever. I've got a TON of ideas that I really plan to capitalize on within the next few weeks. Last weekend I was hit with by an 18 wheeler of inspiration. I came up with four good ideas for songs and four cool chord progressions, but just couldn't do anything with it.

What I love doing is taking random songs and trying to add an extra verse to them. Just to try and jumpstart my creativity. Sometimes it takes me down a path of my own song, then again, sometimes it gets me completely distracted from what I planned on doing in the first place.

While we're on the subject of writing, I have completely lost my AP style of writing over the summer. I will definitely have to brush up on it before boot camp or I'll get embarrassed.

This also reminds me... I was starting a screenplay and would love to finish it. I also have several book ideas bouncing around in my skull at the moment. I think this week could possibly be a really creative one if I keep this up. At least I hope so.

I'm asking myself why I'm watching the X-Men cartoon show from 1994 at 2:43 in the am? I need some sleep, after all, I do have to work out in the morning with Papa Phil. (getting some much needed sleep now.) zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment